The Ulster Aviation Society' hangars and heritage aircraft collection, located within their compound at Maze Long Kesh in Lisburn, Northern Ireland has been a frequent filming location and backdrop for numerous TV series, documentaries and productions over the years.
From BBC documentaries, childrens' sci-fi drama series, to a punk rock music video, the two UAS hangars have a rich, authentic heritage that have provided the creative inspiration and opportunity for amazing visuals, cinematography, texture and atmosphere during each production.
Michael Portillo filmed at the Ulster Aviation Society during Season 10 Ep.6 (Newry to Portadown) of "GREAT BRITISH RAILWAY JOURNEYS". 11th Feb 2019, BBC2, 6.30pm, and was available on BBC iPlayer
Previous Television productions which have filmed at the Ulster Aviation Society include:
• BBC "GREAT BRITISH RAILWAY JOURNEYS" — Season 10, Episode 6 (Newry to Portadown).
Presented by Michael Portillo (11th Feb, 2019) for BBC2
• BBC "WEATHER WORLD" — Documentary on weather reconnasissance presented by Sarah Lucas, and filmed with the Shorts Sherpa Jet SB.4 (17th April, 2017) for BBC News Channel
• BBC "MONKMAN & SEAGULL'S GENIUS GUIDE TO BRITAIN" — Season 1, Episode 3 (Northern Ireland).
Promo Trailer (25th Sept, 2019) for BBC2
• NVTV — Short documentary about the Ulster Aviation Society
• "ASIAN AIR SAFARI" — Season 9, Ireland I + II. Phillippines TV Show hosted by Capt Joy Roa (July 2014)
If you are interested in using the UAS hangars or compound as a Filming Location, please contact us for further information.